DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
The Department of Commerce was established in 1995 with a bachelor degree course, B.Com Commerce, to meet the ever-growing demand of the subject. Later, in the year 1998, B.Com Tourism and Travel Management was introduced with the intention of helping the students in improving their skill, knowledge base and leadership qualities to succeed as professionals in the tourism industry. In addition to these courses, B.Com Commerce and B.Com Tourism and Travel Management, in 2013, the department started a master’s degree programme, M.Com. Finance. All the programs offered by the department assures professional qualifications of high demand, equipping the students to emerge as business leaders and magnates.
To be a center of excellence in providing in commerce education to all through the enhancement of knowledge, skills and values.
- To provide in depth knowledge in commerce-oriented subjects.
- To enhance employability and ensure economic independence.
- To nurture analytical, creative and independent thinking among students.
- to engage students with research oriented study materials.
- To help students to emerge as dynamic individuals with ethical and social values to face the global challenges.