Green Initiative is essentially a set of measures which results in significant reduction of waste with primary focus on prevention of use of disposables and using reusable alternatives like glass/stainless/porcelain cutleries. When Green Protocol is implemented in any event, non biodegradable waste generation becomes close to zero. Therefore, the question of waste management post the event becomes virtually non- existent. It was tried for the first time in the International Conference conducted on 6th and 7th March 2019 and now it has become a people’s movement with many other programmes to be conducted in the College.
Green protocol as of today has truly become a movement in Kerala. It has definitely taken the form of an environ-cultural revolution that the mission strongly believes is going to change the way we live in this Country and on this planet.
Green Initiative Measures
- Avoid the use of all types of disposables (including plastic, paper) in daily life
- Always use cups and containers that can be washed and reused instead of those made of plastic or paper
- Avoid banned plastic materials; follow government rules in this regard
- Segregate bio and non-bio degradable; compost bio degradable at source using simple and appropriate composting devices
- Keep the non-bio degradable clean and dry and store separately based the type; hand it over to local body systems or scrap dealer for recycling
- Avoid ‘use and throw’ carry bags. Always use bags made of eco-friendly materials
- Always use cloth banners instead of flex
- Use bamboo baskets or ones made of eco-friendly materials instead of plastic waste baskets
- Always use eco-friendly materials like leaves flowers etc for decoration and while making bouquets for felicitating guests.