Dr DILSHAD BIN ASHRAF
Department of Psychology
Academic and Professional memberships
- Life member, Society of Psychologist for Social Action
- Ph.D., Psychology, School of Behavioural Science, Kannur University, Kerala, 2018
- MSc Applied Psychology, Department of Psychology, Annamalai University Campus, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, 2006
- BSc Computer Science, MEASS Areacode, University of Calicut, Kerala, 2004
- UGC-NET (lectureship) in Psychology, 2006
- Certificate course in Neuro Linguistic Programming(N.L.P), 2006
- Certificate course in Transactional Analysis(TA-101),2006
- Diploma in Yogasanas and Yoga Therapy(D.Y.T),2007
- Diploma in Office Management, 1999
- Certificate course in soft skills,2004
- Diploma in Computer Application(D.C.A), 2001
Awards and honors
- Second Rank, MSc Applied Psychology, Annamalai University
- Disability studies, Positive Psychology, Theme Centered Interaction
- Nilambur Pattinte charitram (Book chapter) , Dilshad Bin Ashraf, Faiz Ali, Chaliyar Rekhakal” published by MEASS, ( 2005)
- Recent Approaches in Counselling & Psychotherpy (Edited Book), Dilshad Bin Ashraf, Prajeesh Palanthara, Published by Society of Psychologists for Social Action(SPSA), (2012)
- Chernnu Nadakkam Oppam Valaram (Book), Dr DIlshad Bin Ashraf, Published by Publication Division, Mannaiya College of Arts & Science, Pangode, Trivandrum, (2018), ISBN- 978-935346-228-4.
- Mannaniyayile Nishabdha Viplavam, (Book Chapter), Classmuriyile Nishabda Viplavam published by Ripples forum for creative interventions, Kottayam. (2018)
Paper presentation in conference/seminar
- Efficacy of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) for the treatment of Depression National Conference Psychology In The Changing India & World Mental Health Day Observance, organized by Department of Psychology, LISSAH College , Kaithapoyil, Kozhikode on October 10th & 11th 2008
- Comparative study of Psychological wellbeing between Sufis and Normals, National Seminar on The Challenges And Perspectives on Mental Health, Organized by Department of Psychology, Prajyoto Niketan College, Pudukkad on 5th December 2008
- The psychological implications of tax behavior, National Seminar on GST: Indirect tax reforms in India, organized by PG Department of Commerce, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science on 16th & 17th March 2018.
- Sustainable Development for well-being in Organizations, International Seminar on Science for Sustainable development, organized by IQAC & Dept of Chemistry, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science on 14th & 15th January
- Theme Centred Interaction(TCI): An Effective Living Learning Paradigm , International Conference on Recent Trends in Teaching and Learning, organized by IQAC, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science on 6th & 7th March 2019
- Since 2011: Asistant Professor, Department of Psychology, Mannaniya college of arts an science, Pangode, kallara, Trivandrum
- 2010 –2011, Consultant Psychologist, Spandana Homeopathic clinic & Research Centre, Kottayam
- 2008- 2010, Director & Consultant Psychologist, MANAS Psychology Centre ,Kondotty, Malappuram
- 2007-2010, Lecturer on contract basis, School of Behavioural Sciences, Kannur University,
- 2007, Psychology Teacher, Markaz English medium Higher Secondary School, Karanthur, Calicut
- 2007, Student counsellor (Part time), Markaz English medium Senior Secondary School, Karanthur, Calicut
- 2006-2007, Psychological Counsellor, Markaz International School, Eranjipalam ,Calicut
Details of orientation/refresher/training course attended
- Orientation Course for the programme officers of National Service Scheme, Organized by Empanelled training Institution for NSS(Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt of India) from 3rd to 9th October 2012.
- UGC sponsored orientation programme conducted by UGC- Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calicut, from 15/06/2016 to 12/07/2016.
- UGC sponsored refresher course in summer school conducted by UGC- Human Resource Development Centre, University of Kerala from 30/11/2018 to 20/12/2018.
- Organizing Secretary, International Conference on Recent Trends in Teaching and Learning, Organized IQAC, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science, 6th and 7th March 2019.
- Resource person in the Capacity Enhancement Programme (CEP) for heads of high schools (Batch V,VI,VII) organized by State Institute of Educational management and Training- Kerala (SIEMAT- KERALA) from 7th to 9th November 2018 at Regional Telecom Training Centre, Kaimanam, Thiruvanathapuram, on the topic “Self Awareness”
- Resource person in the invited talk on “Confidence building for better educational performance” organized by Department of Economics, Govt college Nedumangad on 22nd March 2018
- Resource person for the project titled “Vijayam Sunichitham” of State Council for Open & Lifelong Education (SCOLE-Kerala) in the academic year 2016-17,2017-18,2018-19
- Resource person in the National Level Training Workshop titled “ Mental Health & Social psychology” organized by Psyrise on 10th and 11th December 2016, Session title: Psychologist- A Light for the society
- Organizing Secretary “National Training Seminar on Counselling & Psychotherapy”, Organized in the banner of society of psychologists for social Action (SPSA), 23rd to 25th January 2012 at Town Hall , Calicut
- Resource Person for Behaviour Change Communication Training for JHIs/JPHNs held in all districts of Kerala ( coordinated more than 20 training programmes and engaged around 60 technical sessions throughout Kerala)
- Resource Person in Counselling Training for ANMs Working in Suraksha Projects 3rd to 5th December 2009
- Question paper setter – BSc Psychology, Farook College, Calicut (Autonomous college)
- Theory and practical paper evaluator (Psychology) of Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech & Hearing Disabilities (Divyangjan), Bandra (West) Mumbai-50- recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India
- Examiner for D.Ed Special Education Course , conducted by C.S.I Training Centre for the teachers of the hearing impaired, Valakom, Kollam Dt.
- Appointed as Examiner in Centralized Valuation Camp – August 2011 in Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
- National Service Scheme (NSS) programme officer of Mannaniya college of Arts & Science (from 2011-12 to 2014-15).
- Nodal officer for scholarships of Mannaniya college of arts & science (2012 – 2018)
- Walk With a Scholar coordinator of Mannaniya College of Arts and Science (Since 2014-15)
- Additional Skill Acquisition Program (ASAP) coordinator of Mannaniya College of Arts and Science ( 2014-15 to 2016-17)
- AISHE (All India Survey on Higher Education ) Nodal Officer of Mannaniya College of Arts and Science from 2012-13 to 2017-18
- IQAC Joint Convenor of Mannaniya college of arts & Science since September 2018
- In charge of premarital counselling centre run by minority welfare department , Govt of Kerala since August 2018
- President of national level psychology association SPSA (Society of Psychologists for Social Action) from march 2011-February 2012
- Organising Secretary, International Seminar “Be Innovative, Be Proactive- Recent Trends in Teaching and Learning”, Organized by IQAC, Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Pangode, March 6, 7, 2019