Department of Commerce
- Doing Ph. D in Commerce (Part time) at Kerala University. From 2016 onwards
- M. Com – Finance, Department of Commerce, Iqbal College, Peringammala. (Kerala University 2007-2009).
- Qualified UGC-NET (Lectureship) in Commerce. (June 2011)
Awards and honors
- UGC NET Exam passed with JRF in the year 2010
- Assistant Professor, Department of commerce, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science, Pangode Since 12th Dec 2011 as per the order of the Manager M-83/11 dt: 11.12.2011
- Guest lecturer in commerce, Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Pangode from 13/06/2011 to 11/12/2011 as per the order of the manager M-35/11 dt: 12.06.2011.
- Guest Lecturer in Commerce, Mannaniya College of arts and science, Pangode from 07/12/2010 to 08/03/2011 as per the order of the manager M 184/10 dated 06.12.2010.
- 2011-2019 : Assistant professor, Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Pangode, Kallara, Trivandrum, India
- 2008-2010: Assistant Professor (On Contract), Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Pangode, Kallara, Trivandrum, India
Selected presentation in conference/seminar
- National seminar on GST: Indirect Tax Reforms in India” organised by PG Department of Commerce, Mannaniya College of Arts and Science on 16th and 17thMarch 2018. Paper title “ Impact of GST on retail sector in Kerala”
- Paper titled “Perception of customers towards online stock trading” National seminar on the modernism, inventiveness and trends in business in collection with the annual research conference organised by Research committee Mahatma Gandhi college, Thiruvananthapuram in association with department of commerce during 16th and 17thFebruary 2018.
- Paper titled “Growth and Development of MFI Sector in India” three-day international Conference on alternative finance and sustainable socio-economic development organised by the school of Distance Education, University of Kerala in association with Indian Association for Islamic Economics, Kerala chapter held during 22-24 March, 2017.
- Paper titled “Challenges of Entrepreneurship in the small – medium size hotel industry” National Seminar on Emerging Trends in management and entrepreneurship organized by institute of Management in Kerala, University of Kerala held at Kariyavattom on 17thMarch 2017.
- Paper titled “Knowledge management and Socialisation” in the two days UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Knowledge Management in the emerging markets (KMEM 2017) sponsored by UGC and organized by PG Department of Commerce, St. Gregories College, Kottarakkara,Kollam on 16th and 17thMarch 2017.
- Paper titled “Infrastructure financing in Kerala-Basic Issues” in the three-day International Seminar on Infrastructure- Industrialization and Development: Forward Linkages Drawing from Global Models organized by the Department of Commerce, School of business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala during 16-18 February 2017.
- Paper titled “Micro finance and Women Entrepreneurs” in the two-day National Seminar focus on socio economic background of women entrepreneurs in minority community organized by the Post Graduate Department of Commerce and Research Centre, Sanatan Dharma college, Alappuzha Kerala held on 8th and 9thDecember 2016.
- Paper titled “FDI – Insurance sector in India” in the two-day International Seminar on Foreign Direct Investment the Indian Scenario organized by Department of Commerce, school of business management and legal studies, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram held on March 23rd and 24th
- Participated as delegate in the Young Entrepreneurship Conclave 2018 organised by Entrepreneurship Development Cell, University of Kerala on 31st July 2018 at SeneteChamper, University of Kerala.
- 39th All India Accounting Conference and International Seminar on Accounting Education and Research on 16th and 17thDecember, 2017 organised by the Department of Commerce, Bangalore university, Bengaluru.
Details of orientation/refresher/training course attended
- Participated UGC Sponsored Orientation Programme conducted by the UGC Human Resource Development Centre, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum from 04/01/2017 to 31/01/2017.
- Refresher Course at the UGC –HRDC , Universityof kerala , Kariavattom Campus, Thiruvananthapuram from 01.19 to 14.02.2019
Academic and Professional memberships
- Life time member of IAA (Indian Accounting Association) Trivandrum Branch (Membership No. TV-158) since October 2017.
- Co-ordinator of Remedial Coaching (2015-16) Funded by UGC.
- Mentor of WWS Programme (2016-17).
- Mentor of SSP (2016-17).
- Co-ordinator of Tutorial and Mentoring system (2015-16 , 2016-17, 2017-18).
- Co-ordinator of Entrepreneurship Development (ED) Club from November 2017.
- Co-ordinator of MINT (Vocational Training Centre) from June 2018.
- Secretary of Mannaniya College Co-operative Society Ltd No. T. 1513. Since October 2017.
- Tutor of B com class (2011-14 batch), Tutor of TTM Class (2014-17 batch), Tutor of I TTM Class (2017 admission).
- Attended duty as External examiner of the sixth semester degree project evaluation and conducted Viva voce on 22nd and 23rd March 2016 at A J College of science and technology, Thonnakkal.
- Attended duty as External examiner of the sixth semester degree project evaluation and conducted Viva voce at Government College Nedumangadu on 25th and 26th March 2015.
- Attended the centralised valuation of University of Kerala since 2013.
- Organiser, International Seminar “Be Innovative, Be Proactive- Recent Trends in Teaching and Learning”, Organized by IQAC, Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Pangode, March 6, 7, 2019
Publications in Books/Journals
- Jasmin J, Growth and development of MFI Sector in India, international journal of School of Distance Education University of Kerala, 2017 (ISBN: 978 81 92 7928 – 5-9 Page no: 164-172)
- Jasmin J and Dr. Kumari V K Shyni, Infrastructure Financing in Kerala, International Research Journal of Commerce and Business Researcher, Vol 10, Issue 1&2, January –June 2017 (ISSN- 0976-4097).
- Jasmin J and Suvija S V ,Micro Finance and Women Entrepreneurs , Focus on Socio Economic Background of Women Entrepreneurs in Minority Community published by the Post Graduate Department of commerce and research centre,Sanatana Dharma College, Alappuzha, Kerala,December 2016 (ISBN : 978-93-5254-018-1).