Dr. MERCY RAJ C
Associate Professor & Head
Department of Chemistry
Academic and Professional memberships
- Member of Board of Studies, Polymer Chemistry, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Member, KUDoCAA, University of Kerala, Trivandrum
- Member, Academy of Chemistry Teachers, University of Kerala, Trivandrum
- Member of College Council, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science, Pangode
- Member of Discipline committee,Admission committee,Purchase Committee and PTA executive member,Mannaniya College of Arts & Science, Pangode
- Ph.D in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Kerala, Kariyavattom Campus, Trivandrum. 1994
- M.Sc Chemistry, S N College, Kollam, 1987
- B.Sc Chemistry, S N College for Women, Kollam, 1985
- Nickel (II) Thiocyanate and Selenocyanate Complexes of Some Chelating Ligands from 4-amino-1,2-Dihydro-1,5-Dimethyl-2- Phenyl -3H-Pyrazol-3-one; C. Mercy Raj & C.P. Prabhakaran , Oriental Journal of Chemistry,16(3), 405-409 (2000)
- Synthesis and characterization of some multidentate ligand complexes of Mn(III) thiocyanate and selenocyanate ; C Mercy Raj & C P Prabhakaran , Indian Journal of Chemistry, 34 A, 652-654(1995).
Selected presentation in conference
- Mercy Raj C, Kumudesan N and Krishnamoorthy A , Adulteration of Toddy and Ayurvedic Arishtom with Diazepam ; Tenth Kerala Science Congress , sponsored by STEC, Kerala, January 2-4 1998 , Kozhikode, Kerala, India.
- Since 2010 : Head of the Department of Chemistry, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science , Pangode, Trivandrum, India.
- Since 05/07/2011: Associate Professor , Department of Chemistry, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science, Pangode P.O, Kallara, Trivandrum , India.
- (05/07/1999 – 05/07/2011): Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science, Pangode. P.O, Kallara, Trivandrum , India.
August 1995 – July 1999 : Technical Assistant and Junior Scientific Officer, Chemical Examiner’s Laboratory, Thiruvananthapuram, India
Details of orientation/refresher/training course attended
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Chemistry organized by UGC Academic Staff College , University of Kerala, Kariavattom. held from 30-08-2007 to 20-09-2007
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Chemistry organized by UGC Academic staff College , University of Kerala, Kariavattom held from 08-05-2006 to 29-05-2006
- UGC Sponsored Orientation Programme in Multidiscipline organized by UGC Academic Staff College , University of Kerala, Kariavattom held from 05-06-02 to 02-07-02 .
- Convener, Dr. M.O Anil Kumar memorial Inter school Chemistry Quiz organized by Department of Chemistry and IQAC , 13th February 2019 , Mannaniya College of Arts & Science, Pangode
- Convener, State Level Seminar on Fascinating World of Nano– Organized by Department of Chemistry, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science, 24th August 2018
- Organizing Secretary, State Level Seminar on Recent Trends in Green Chemistry and Nano Chemistry, Organized by Department of Chemistry, Mannaniya College of Arts & Science, 19th February 2018
- Member of Board of Examiners of B.Sc. Chemistry (CBCS), University of Kerala since 2014 and B.Sc. Polymer Chemistry (CBCS), University of Kerala since 2010 -2014
- Chairman of First semester examination December 2015, third semester examination November 2015 , fifth semester polymer chemistry examination November 2015 and first semester B.Sc. Polymer Chemistry Examination (2010 admission) ,
- External examiner to conduct the S6 chemistry practical and viva examination of University College,Trivandrum on 03/05/2019 and 06/5/2019
- External examiner for conducting the S4 B.Sc chemistry (complimentary) practical examination 2017 at S N College, Chempazhanthy
- Chief examiner of S1,S3 and S6 2019, S2 August 2018 , S5 DEC 2018, S4 July 2018, S6 May 2018, S1 February 2018 , S3 DEC 2017, S1 January 2017 and S5 B.Sc Chemistry (2014 admission) Nov 2016
- External examiner for conducting the S4, S5 and S6 B.Sc Polymer Chemistry practical examination, Kerala University at Govt College, Attingal
- Involved in online enrolment of Registration of first semester students, open course registration, examination registration of students and CA mark entry.
- Chairman of DLMC
- Science Club Coordinator Since 2010-2016
- Chemistry Association Coordinator since 2017
- Organizer, International Seminar “Be Innovative, Be Proactive- Recent Trends in Teaching and Learning”, Organized by IQAC, Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Pangode, March 6, 7, 2019