Dr. SHIJI FAZIL
Department of chemistry
- Ph.D in Chemistry, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India, 2014
- M.Phil in Chemistry , University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India, 2007.
- B.Ed in Physical Science, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India, 2005
- M.Sc in Chemistry, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India, 2004.
- B.Sc in Chemistry, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India, 2002
Academic and Professional memberships
- Member of Academy of Chemistry Teachers(ACT), Kerala University
Awards and honors
- Secured the best M.Phil Student award from University College, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
- Assistant professor, Department of Chemistry, Mannaniya college of Arts and Science, Pangode, kallara, Trivandrum, India from 2014 onwards
- 2008-2014: Doctoral fellow, Kerala university, Trivandrum, India.
- Supramolecular Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry
- Coordination Chemistry
- Shiji Fazil, Reena Ravindran, A. Sarau Devi, B.K. Bijili., “Structural studies of 1-phenyl -2,3-dimethyl-5-oxo-1,2-dihydro-1H-pyrazol-4-ammonium2[(2-carboxyphenyl) disulfanyl]benzoate” , J. Mol. Struct., 1021, 147-152, 2012,
- Shiji Fazil, “Synthesis, Characterization , biological & optical properties of a novel Mg(II) complex of a proton transfer ion pair salt”, J. Research in Science, 2, 75-77, 2014.
- Sarau Devi, Reena Ravindran, Shiji Fazil, Minitha. R, Synthesis, spectral and magnetic studies of benzothiazolium tetrachlorocuprate salts: “Crystal structure and semiconducting behavior of bis[2-(4-methoxyphenyl) benzothiazolium] tetrachlorocuprate(II)”, Journal of Coordination Chemistry, volume 68, issue 13, 2015.
- Shiji Fazil and Reena Ravindran, Spectral and Bilogical characteristics of a novel uranyl proton transfer salt, Bulletin of Pure & Applied Sciences, Vol. 37C (Chemistry), N0:1,PP: 154-157, , 2018.
Selected presentation in conference/seminar
- Shiji Fazil, International Conference on Teaching and Learning , “Be Innovative, Be Pro active, Recent Trends in Teaching and Learning” Organized by IQAC, Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Pangode, Thiruvananthapuram during 6th & 7th March 2019.
- Shiji Fazil, National Seminar on Recent Research and Developments in Chemistry (RRDC 2018 ) Organized by Dept. of chemistry, BJM college, Chavara, Kollam during 30th & 31st october 2018.
- Shiji Fazil, National Seminar on Frontline Approaches in Material Science & Computational Chemistry, Of Chemistry, SNCW, Kollam, 14-16 March, 2018.
- Shiji Fazil, National Seminar on Insights in to the Interdiscipliary perspectives of Chemical and BioSciences, of Chemistry, Govt. Arts College, Thycaud, Trivandrum, 26-28 February 2018.
- Shiji Fazil, National Seminar on Interdisciplinary Approaches in Materials and Bilogical Research- IAMBR 2018, Of Chemistry,M.G College, Trivandrum, 16-17 February 2018.
- Shiji Fazil, “Spectral Characterization of Zirconyl Complexes of a Pyrazolone-ß-diketo hydrazone ligand”, National Seminar on Recent and Emerging Advances in Chemical Science”, Dept. of Chemistry, All Saint’s College, Trivandrum, January 2015.
- Shiji Fazil, Synthesis, characterization , biological & optical properties of a novel Mg(II) complex of a proton transfer ion pair salt” , National Seminar on “Recent Trends in Quantum Chemistry” of Chemistry, Nesamony Memorial College, Marthandam, December, 2014.
- Shiji Fazil, “Synthesis and Characterization of Pyrazolone hydrazone ligand” , National Seminar on Green Approach to meet Challenges in Chemical Industry, S.N College, Chathannoor, kollam, November, 2014.
- Shiji Fazil, “Synthesis, Characteization & NLO properties of a novel Ni(II) complex of a proton transfer salt”, National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Material Science, Department of Chemistry, S.N.C.W., Kollam, Kerala, October, 2014.
- Shiji Fazil and Reena Ravindran, “synthesis, Characterization & Biological properties of a novel complex of Cu(II) with of a proton transfer salt”, Three Day National Seminar on Frontiers in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum, India April 2012.
Details of Orientation/Refresher/Training Course attended
- Attended the 159th Orientation Programme organized by HRDC, University of Kerala during 04.09.2018-01.10.2018.
- Attended a National Seminar on ‘Recent Trends in Advanced Chemical Research (RTACR-207)’ at S.N. college, Kollam on 25 & 26th May 2017.
- Participated in two day national workshop on ‘Structure and Ligand based Drug Design’, sponsored by the Academy of Chemistry Teachers (ACT) at S.N. College, Chempazhanthy, Trivandrum on 06 & 07 May 2010.
- Attended a one day seminar on ‘The Role of Intellectual Property Rights in Research’, sponsored by KSCSTE at S.N College, Kollam on 20.08.2009.
- Co-ordinator, KSCSTE Sponsored World Wetland Day celebrations- 2019.
- Nodal Officer for Scholarships from August 2018 onwards.
- Co-ordinator, Science Club, Mannaniya College, TVM, from 2017 onwards.
- Staff Association Secretary, Mannaniya College, TVM, from April, 2018.
- Programme Officer, National Service Scheme, Mannaniya College, TVM, 2015-2016.
- Chief Editor, “KEVLAR” a multidisciplinary annual journal, Published by Science Club, Mannaniya College, TVM.
- Organizing Secretary, International Seminar “Be Innovative, Be Proactive- Recent Trends in Teaching and Learning”, Organized by IQAC, Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, Pangode, March 6, 7, 2019.