CODE OF CONDUCT
The rules and regulations of the college are framed by the Management and the Principal in accordance with the mandates given by the UGC, Government of Kerala and the Hon.High Court of Kerala from time to time to ensure a peaceful campus atmosphere. The college community is bound to abide by all such rules and the violation of any of these will invite due punishment.
- Politics is banned in the campus by the Management.
- Students are forbidden from organizing/ attending meetings which are not officiated by the college authorities.
- Students resorting to strikes, dharnas and processions are strictly prohibited from entering the campus.
- The College Union Election is held once in every year in the Parliamentary mode based on the recommendations of the Lyngdoh Committee guidelines .
- Ragging, teasing, intimidating, harassing, using words of abuse etc. on co-students especially female students within or outside the campus is totally banned and is punishable under IPC and CrPC and such matters will be immediately reported to the police. Students involving in such acts will be punished accordingly.
- The students are expected to be neatly and decently dressed while in college.
- Students shall always keep the decorum of the academic space and behave in a dignified manner.
- When a teacher enters the classroom, students must stand up and must not sit until he/she invites them to do so or he himself takes a seat.
- They should be punctual and disciplined in attending classes and other academic/ extracurricular activities arranged for them.
- No students shall leave or enter the classroom without the permission of the teacher.
- No student shall deface, dislocate or cause damage to the furniture in the classrooms. Any serious and willful damage will be required to pay for with such penalty as may be imposed by the Principal.
- Any student causing disfigurement or damage to college building, water, gas, fire, electrical installations, gardens and premises will be punished and the cost of the damage, if any, will be recovered.
- Students are forbidden from organizing or attending any unauthorized meeting in the college. They should not collect money for any purpose without the prior permission of the Principal.
- Students are strictly forbidden from entering classrooms other than theirs.
- Any student who disrupts class by unauthorized entry into classrooms is liable to be expelled from the college.
- Students shall be expelled from the college by the Principal in consultation with the College Council for any breach of discipline. The decision taken by the College Council will be final and binding.
- The Principal is empowered to give fine/suspend/dismiss a student on the basis of the gravity of the offence. Each offender will be given a chance to explain his/her conduct before the disciplinary action is taken. However, a student may be sent out of the class at the discretion of the teacher concerned prior to further requital.
- Smoking, alcoholism or use of drugs within the campus is strictly prohibited.
- The Principal or duly constituted College Authority may frame and issue disciplinary rules of permanent or temporary nature to regulate the conduct of students within the campus, from time to time, and the students are obliged to obey them.
- Educational concessions awarded to students are liable to forfeiture for misconduct and the concessions shall be withdrawn.