CODE OF CONDUCT
The rules and regulations of the college are framed by the Management and the Principal in accordance with Government rules and the rulings of the Hon.High Court of Kerala from time to time to ensure a peaceful campus atmosphere. The College community is bound to abide by such rules. The violation of these rules will invoke not only contempt of court but also invite punishment.
- Politics is banned in the campus by the Management.
- Students are forbidden to organize or attend meetings other than the official ones. Students resorting to strike are strictly prohibited from entering the verandah of the building, classrooms or the campus.
- The College Union Election is held in the Parliamentary mode, recommended in the report of the Lyngdoh Committee.
- Ragging, teasing, intimidating, harassing, using words of abuse etc. on junior students especially female students with in the campus or outside is totally banned and is a punishable crime under Police Act and such matters will be immediately reported to the police. Students involved in such acts will be adequately punished.
- The students are expected to be cleanly and respectably dressed.
- Students shall always behave with dignity and courtesy and their behaviour in the college shall confirm to the standards of academic decorum.
- When a teacher enters the classroom, students must stand up and must not sit until he/she invites them to do so or he himself takes a seat.
- They should be punctual and disciplined in attending classes and any academic or extracurricular function arranged for them.
- They should avoid ill-mannered noise-making behaviour on the college campus.
- No students shall leave or enter the classroom without the permission of the teacher.
- Furniture in the classroom should not be dislocated or damaged. All serious and willful damage will be required to pay for with such penalty as may be imposed by the Principal.
- Any disfigurement or damage to college building, water, gas, fire, electrical installations, gardens and premises will be punished and the cost of the damage if any will be recovered.
- The students are forbidden from writing or making any mark on the furniture or walls or any part of the college premises and from throwing paper or ink in the classroom.
- Students are forbidden to organize or attend any meeting in the college or to collect money for any purpose without the prior permission of the Principal.
- Students are strictly forbidden from entering classrooms other than theirs.
- Any student who disrupts class by unauthorized entry onto classrooms is liable to be expelled from the college.
- Students will be expelled from the college for breach of discipline by the Principal in consultation with the College Council and there shall be no appeal to the decision taken by the College Council.
- The Principal is empowered to fine or suspend or dismiss a student on the basis of the gravity of the offence. Each offender will be given a chance to explain his/her conduct before punishment is given. However a student may be sent out of the class at the discretion of the teacher concerned prior to further disciplinary action.
- Smoking and using or keeping alcoholic drinks or drugs are strictly forbidden in the college campus.
- The Principal or duly constituted College Authority may frame and issue disciplinary rules of permanent or temporary nature regulating the conduct of students within the campus, from time to time and the students are obliged to obey them.
- Educational concessions awarded to students are liable to forfeiture for misconduct and the concessions will be withdrawn.