SC/ST Cell of the college was established during the year 2013-14 for empowering the SC/ST students in this institution. The cell consists of four senior members of the teaching faculty and one among them is designated as Convenor of the cell.
The main objectives of the SC/ST cell are:
- To resolve all the affairs and problems related to the SC/ST students of the college.
- To inform the SC/ST students regarding the scholarships and financial assistance provided by UGC, State Government and Central Government.
- To give special attention to the SC/ST students to improve their studies, career progress, social awareness etc through various programmes conducted in the college
- To encourage SC/ST students to be in par with the main stream students and help them to pass the academic programme successfully.
The main activities in this connection include:
- Circulation of the details of scholarship from UGC, State Government and Central Government.
- Regular communication and motivation with the students to improve their curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Monitoring implementation of the reservation policies during admission process.
- Regularly follow-up the dispersal of these scholarships with the concerned Departments/authorities.
Smt. Asha Kumar
Dept of Hindi